A school in Farnborough has been evacuated this afternoon (June 13) after a fire that started from a laptop.
Students from Guillemont Junior School were escorted out at around 1:20pm, while the headteacher dealt with the blaze himself.
After grabbing the fire extinguisher, Denis Foster managed to put it out before fire crews from Rushmoor arrived.
No one was hurt in the incident and the children waited outside for around an hour while ‘black acid smoke’ filled two classrooms.
The school says the laptop, which was connected to a Smart Board, ‘spontaneously combusted’.
No children were in the room at the time, but we are told they are now back inside working.
Rushmoor Fire Station says it was all dealt with by 1:50pm.